Friday, April 24, 2009

phishing in plain english

Ok, I know I just posted a blog entry but I found a great video done by the Common Craft people on phishing so I thought I'd share it with you! This issue of improperly opening email attachments has caused many a heartache for home users and business users alike. The key to avoiding this kind of scam that can not only cause problems for people personally, but can also unleash the powers of virus attacks is ... education, education, education. Did I say education? Especially in the corporate setting it's imperative that employees receive continuous education on best practices for email and internet usage. If companies choose to ignore and allow employees to operate as they wish, they run a large risk of continuous computer problems and down time. I think it's much more enjoyable to spend the time educating people and operating in a healthy computer environment. Less downtime, less stress, smarter employees!

Here is the video on phishing:

No comments:

Post a Comment